Monday 4 January 2010

snow



It snowed on my unfinished decking this morning , this is before i walked on it .

Snow on my left over pine branches from christmas . And on my candles , in fact , IN my candles .
The birds were starving , i had to fill up the seeds and fat balls AGAIN and put put warm water for them . We have more snow and freezing temperatures on the way . This is the first real winter i remember in years .
Today I went to the farm shop . Ive been looking at other peoples food blogs and balcony gardens and i was imspired so i bought fresh fruit and veg and got cooking .  I did spaghetti bolognese with a fresh salad and balsamic vinegar dressing , then I did a spiced fruit crumble since it was so cold outside . Not the usual dinner and desert combination but i wanted to cook . It all tasted great except for the plums . The crumble was great but im never buying out of season plums and cooking them like that again , they needed much more sugar than i was willing to put in and plums dont usually , ive cooked with them often but i should have tasted one first . trouble as the door repair man came at the same time as my mother in law phoned and husband was out getting kids from school and i just didnt have time . so in it went , i will remember that recipe though . for another try later .

 I cant wait to start growing things on the balcony again , fruit and vegetables . last year i had Mint , Basil , Tomatoes , Grapes (we got two )  an aubergine that didnt fruit and a whole pot of strawberries that the kids ate faster than locusts can . Also some lettuce that got strabge eggs laid all over it , ill try that indoors i think .

No comments:

Post a Comment