Sunday 3 January 2010

Fluff on the balcony

MUM ! says my boy , there is fluff on the balcony . I shot up out of bed  , went slowly down the stairs as a good example , and then went quickly to the window . Yes , there was indeed fluff on the balcony . White , cold snow fluff :-)) and snow clouds looming . I adore snow . I live on the south coast of England so we dont see much snow , hardly any in fact and usually we watch the wether report of the rest of England under a foot of it and we have blue skies but today we have a sprinkling , and i love it . I sat in my chair by the window and ate my breakfast watching the birds on the feeders ,then i felt sorry for the blackbirds since they cant reach them so i threw them out some bread .  Today the depression is in abeyance which is a relief the past week has been hard . Very hard but today im feeling free .
I also spruced up one of my Geraniums im attempting to overwnter , it looks a bit sorry for itself i think i need some liquid fertilizer for it it hasnt had enough sun . The other plant im a bit worried about is my Orchid . I dont know anything about Orchids . It was white when i bought it and it flowered for weeks but its in an orchid pot , if i water it drips straight through to the pot and then sloshes about in the bottom , so the plant looks floppy but its sitting over water . Huh ?  I know thats its natural state , its  a rainforest parasite but it ought to get itself organised . i\ need some feed for that too but i cant afford a trip to the garden centre yet , i DARNT go it will have sales on and i always spend too much in the sales . ;-) This is my morning coffee time where i take time for me . having three small kids means i dont get much but its just me and my boy today . Since he fell down the stairs i want to have him near .  I want more snow ! but then i dont , because my dad has liver cancer and needs an operation sometime in january , we need to get him to hospital in London for that so i want lots of snow but i want the roads clear for when he goes please . And then i think of all the other people that need to get there ... and thats why i have depression , i worry so much , i must try to be a little selfish but its alien to me . i learn i learn... today , this morning , right now is beautiful . thats enough ,.

No comments:

Post a Comment