Sunday 10 January 2010

Birds.

We took a drive out today to get more bird food and while we were out we took a trip to a local farm  We took some photos but missed the best . Among the ones that got away were two Barn Owls , a Kestrel  , three Herons and a Marsh Harrier . What i did get were Partridge


Also a lapwing and several others  .


I wanted to take a trip to the local garden centre but our Island was cut off from the mainland , both bridges closed do that was that . I was feeling pretty depressed this morning and could have done with some plant soothing i wanted to go stroke some herbs for the scent of it but i'l have to wait . I settled with cleaning up my overwintering Geraniums  , taking of  the dead leaves and flowers and sweeping under them . I gave them a little feed since the light levels have been so low lately , probably why i have been feeling not so bouncy . One of them is in flower , bright red , that makes me feel better . I also found some Basil seeds in one of my magazines and i can sow indoors now , i can get my gardening fix .  On a sad note my geranium cuttings did not take and i used rooting compound too . ah well , the big ones are fine .

No comments:

Post a Comment