Saturday 9 January 2010

Seed catalogues

I bought a gardening magazine and inside were some free packets of seeds and danger of dangers , two seed catalogues . one of them had several types of plants free if you ordered from it and it just so happens i love those .  Flowers in my garden and on my balcony are at the moment in short supply since with my heart problem i cant do much or i fall down . SO , i really shouldnt be looking . I found a fruit tree . A small one i dont have to climb for . well that makes sense right ? flowers in spring , fruit  in late summer , colourful leaves in autumn , no problem , no work . well . while im at it i could probably grow some garlic , we eat that a lot . and tomatoes of course . I found a trailing variety i could grow trailing down the balcony in between the geraniums . hmm . Then i saw some apricot begonias at a great price , they would look gorgeous in between the geraniums .  We could grow potatoes this year  , and maybe peas ... and before i knew it i was sitting with husband and a cup of coffee putting ticks on things .  So i called my mum and said , "do you want to go halves... " seems like im having  abusy year this year . Trouble is ... my garden is currently under snow so it will be a while . driving today looked like this..


I liked this..


And i painted this , the view of one of my trees from the window , i need to put some birds in , its acrylic on small deep box edge canvas .




Sticky snow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment