Friday 8 January 2010

Painting day

Its STILL snowing . Britain is in shock :-) At first we had the air from the North Polar region and now we have a Continental flow from Russia . I personally love it .  I have set up my easel right next to my balcony , I have floor to ceiling windows , and im watching the trees and birds . We have  a new pair of Chaffinches out there , the red is not as bright as the Robins and they glow with light from the snow . We have a Wren and Magpies and seagulls muscling in now , the feeders are constantly full . The starlings , Blackbirds and Bluetits are constantly squabbling . Im thinking of setting up another feeder . The Robin and Blackbirds are coming right up to the balcony now . My Balcony isnt the sane as most peoples that balcony garden , since i have a garden too and the balcony is ground floor . it just so happens the ground slopes under my house so there is a four foot drop from my back patio doors , and it was either steps out or something much more creative . We could not afford people to do it for us so we built it ourselves . The sturdiest Balcony EVER !  Its changed my life so much . I have coffee out there in the snow , the kids can play a few minutes after rain , i can just step out and beathe . Balconies should be compulsory . :-)
The plan for today is to create  a painting of a Starling in one of the trees at the bottom of my garden in the snow . Those trees change colour all day according to the light and its amazing to see . yesterday when the sun hit the snow on them they went pink .

No comments:

Post a Comment