Thursday 4 February 2010

plants and pills

This morning was not the greatest . My depression pills have been increased and there are side effects . A myriad of them ,the worst three being tiredness,pain and jumpiness in my muscles . This morning was a wipeout i couldnt stand up for long . This afternoon though i needed to get out so i woke up husband for a trip tp the garden centre and it was fantastic ! so many herbs and veg and flowers and i was seriously tempted by a patio Peach or Nectarine . Next month maybe im still trying not oto spend :-) i did manage to get  tray of mixed golden Violas . I was hoping for scent  , they didnt smell today but it was cold , they may release fragrance on a warm day , wait and see for me :-) I planted them straight away .
I also planted seeds , at last , its time ! I planted two pots of Chives , some Nasturtians so i can eat the flowers in my salads and some Sweet Peas for scent  . I chose an old fashioned variety that is supposed to be gloriously fragrant . I hope so !

This is my new tiny greenhouse . It will go outdoors soon but for now its living indoors . maybe in a day or two it will move out  , i need to find something to weight the bottom down with , it gets windy here sometimes and i can see a disaster happening . i lost one of these years ago to a hailstorm so its handy that its portable , i can always whip it indoors in adverse weather conditions :-) The propegators i borrowed form my mum , thanks mum , no , i didnt buy them ! still being good .
sunshine !

Second making of the apple cake . I had to use white flour this time and it came out a bit too stodgy but we eat it anyway and it was delicious !  I love the  spices in it and its full of apples so the taste is great !
Oh and i started some potatoes chitting . for those that dont know that means putting them in something like this egg box so they start shooting , its supposed to give an earlier crop . I think they will go into the small front garden allotment patch as husband calls it :-)) I got some pea seeds today also i think i will have potatoes one side peas the other . Husband says i will be digging potato plants out forever if i do that but i thought we always need potatoes . This could end in disaster , OR a lot of potatoes . forever . :-))

This was yesterdays lunch . vegetable chilli and lovely bread , i really enjoyed it . My husband cooked this meal and we used what veg we had , delicious . cant wait to eat my own veg again .


Todays dinner ready to roast


Dinner ! full of flavour and roasted in olive oil , good for me :-) I eat it with warmed chiabatta bread :-)


The Angelfish are at it again , more eggs ! the last lot of eggs didnt survive so im trying it differentky this time . All the platies and guppies are growing really well in their breeding trap and they are starting to gain colour now :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment